Téma: New York
- Washington is the one the most beautiful cities in the U.S.A. There are many parks, museum, galleries.
- Washington D.C is the capital city of the U.S.A and the centre of US government.
- There Live 700000million inhabits
- It was named by the 1st American president G. Washington.
- Washington lies in the east of the USA on the Potomac river
- The city was established in 1800. It was built on plane, so it cause that city is symmetrical
- There can’t be built ay skyscrapers. (the is law against building very high buildings.)
- The United States capitol
- The seat of the U.S . congress
- It´s the highest building in Washington
- White house
- The residence of the U.S president
- The Mall
- One of the oldest national park
- It is two mile long area lined with trees, extending from the Capitol to Washington monument. It is very popular place for relaxing or walking.
- There are many important museums and galleries, for example: National museum of American History
- Washington Monument
- 55 metres high
- It was built to commemorate G. Washington
- You can see
- The headquarters of the Department of defence
- The Pentagon is the world’s largest office building
- New York is the largest city in the US.
- It is also one of the most important financial, commercial, and cultural centres in the world.
- It has about 8 million people.
- New York is cosmolitan city, with 36% foreign born people, who speak about 170 languages.
- It is sometimes called „The Big Apple“ or „The city that never sleeps“
- Major boroughs are: Manhattan, Queens, the Bronx, Staten Island and Brooklyn.
- The city is notorious for its crime.
- The original inhabitants were Indian.
- This island was bought from the Indians by the Dutch for 25 dollars.
- The original name was New Amsterdam.
- The island is washed by two rivers – the East River and the Hudson River.
- Streets run east-west and avenues north-south
- Fifth Avenue – shopping centre,
- Wall Street-the centre of financial life with the most important stock-exchange in the world.
- The centre of financial life with the most important stock-exchange in the world.
- New York is famous for its Manhattan skyline – a large number of skyscrapers in a small area.
- They started to build skyscrapers here because of the lack of space and the high price of land on the island.
- The best-known skyscrapers are Empire State Building
- the New York’s highest skyscraper is 417m high.
- Central Park
- Largest park in NY
- Officially opened in 19 century
- The park affords interesting walk, ZOO ice scatting, an open air theatre and many ales.