Téma: The Environment
Zaslal(a): Natalia V.
We all know that pollution of our planet is a big problem nowadays. There are many problems: the exhaust fumes which can cause smog, and the greenhouse effect (=a global warming of our planet), which can cause the thaw of glaciers. People-farmers- are often using chemical fertilizers. There are also so many factories in the world, producing so much waste and polluted air. We are producing so much waste, so much plastic that it usually ends up in the oceans. All of this causes that animals-which were here before us- are sometimes on the edge of extinction. There are so many endemic species nowadays (there are only few pieces of the species left very often!). People already did so much damage on this planet. We are so used to our comfortable consume lifestyle and we often can’t even imagine all the damage.
But there still is hope-buying eco-friendly products, recycling, using and repairing old things etc. is becoming more and more popular, especially among young people. Here’s a list of things that we can do for a greener lifestyle:
- Make sure our heating system is controlled with a programmer/ thermostat.
- Don’t leave electrical appliances on unnecessarily.
- Consider energy-saving light bulbs.
Choosing products carefully:
- Choose more expensive products, but with better quality-they usually last longer.
- Consider buying second-hand.
- Reduce the materials that we consume, we can for example choose refillable packaging
- Reuse, recycle as much as we can.
- Compost kitchen and garden waste.
- Return bottles when possible.
- Keep plumbing in a good condition.
- Switch to quick showers instead of baths.
- Collect rainwater for the garden.
- Reuse water-water from bath can be used to water the plants.
- Walk or cycle whenever you can.
- For longer journeys-public transport.
- Organise car sharing ways-trips, regular occasions.
- Try to drive energy efficiently-avoid fast starts, sudden braking, driving at very high speeds.
◆ Stiahnuť prácu v PDF ◆ ◆ Upozorniť na chybu ◆